Chief of Police
Town of Greenwood, Delaware
Applications are being accepted for Chief of Police for the Town of Greenwood. Interested candidates must be able to meet the following:
1. Currently hold certification by the Delaware Council on Police Training.
2. Must be of good reputation and character, and must pass a rigorous background check.
3. Candidates must show an aptitude for administrative duties, must have not been subjected to substantial disciplinary action for at least one year prior to appointment, and have excelled at fulfilling job-related responsibilities.
4. Seven (7) years of experience in police operations, with a successful record of responsible supervisory experience is preferred.
5. Candidate must live within 30 miles of town limits, or do so within six months of hire.
6. A successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to work closely with elected officials, municipal administrators and staff.
7. Successful candidates must be willing to maintain a visible profile in the community.
8. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
9. The successful candidate must pass a physical examination and drug screen.
Salary and Benefit Package:
Salary to be determined.
Benefits: Health Insurance for employee, State of Delaware County & Municipal Police pension plan, life insurance, sick time, and paid vacation.
Resumes can be sent to Town of Greenwood, Attn: Chief Position, P.O. Box 216, Greenwood, DE 19950.
The Town of Greenwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes must be received by end of business on January 21, 2022.